The PDPA comprises rules governing the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data and requires organisations to have a legitimate and reasonable purpose for their collection, use or disclosure of personal data and to obtain the informed consent
Collection of Personal Data
Generally, IDS collects Customer Data, either directly from you or through subscription, for the purpose of providing services to you such as processing a transaction, assisting you in the transaction, and responding to your enquiries or requests, research and analytics purposes, including market research.
We request information from you in several areas of our website and other channels including in-store, that may be used to personally identify you (“Personal Data”), including but not limited to:
– Your contact information such as your telephone numbers, mailing addresses, email addresses, and fax numbers;
– Your credit or debit card information and billing information, including name of cardholder, card number, billing address and expiry date;
– Your responses to market surveys and contests conducted by us or on our behalf.
Certain Personal Data (particularly relating to your personal information, contact information and past medical history) are required for specific services and if you fail to supply such Personal Data as requested from each specific service, we may be unable to deliver you the services in full.
Purpose for Collected Personal Data
We may use the Personal Data you provided for one or more of the following purposes:
– For your use of the online services available at any of our websites and/or through other telecommunication channels;
– For the supply of any products and/or services which we may offer to you or you may require from us from time to time including text message (SMS) alerts;
– For marketing, promotional and customer relationship management purposes, such as sending you updates on latest offers and promotions in connection with our products and services and conducting market research;
– For identification and verification purposes in connection with any of the services or products that may be supplied to you;
– To contact you regarding your enquiries;
– To administer contests and giveaways conducted by us or on our behalf;
– To disclose to a third party to comply with any law, legal requirements, orders, directions or requests from any court, authority or government body of any jurisdiction, which may be within or outside of Singapore;
– To facilitate the payment for products and services provided by us or our subsidiaries, associated companies and/or business associates including verification of credit card details with third parties and using the Personal Data you provide to conduct matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
– To improve our security, including in relation to the processing of payment by credit card to guard against the risk of fraud including carrying out matching procedures against databases of known fraudulent transactions (maintained by us or third parties).
Except as provided below, we will not knowingly or intentionally use or share the Personal Data you provide to use in ways unrelated to the aforementioned purposes without your prior consent.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
IDS may disclose and transfer Personal Data to and jointly use Personal Data with (whether within or outside of your jurisdiction) our subsidiaries, associated companies, business associates, service providers, and other persons who we consider appropriate, in connection with the services and products provided to or requested by you. We may disclose this information to facilitate communication of news and information about such services and products and otherwise for the purposes mentioned above, under Section 3, “Purposes for which the Personal Data are Collected and Used.”
The entities with whom we may share your Personal Data include but are not limited to:
– Any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, marketing and research, distribution, data processing, telemarketing, telecommunications, computer, payment or other services to IDS in connection with the operation of its business;
– Other business associates such as loyalty program operators and other companies involved in providing customer service or fulfilling customer requests;
– Credit reference agencies;
– Credit, debit and /or charge card companies and/or banks;
– Government or non-government authorities, agencies and/or regulators;
– Medical professionals, insurers and clinics/hospitals.
We may also transfer any information we have about you as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of IDS or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Please be advised that the Personal Data that IDS collects or obtains may be transferred to jurisdictions that offer lesser protection of Personal Data than that provided in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal information to IDS or using any IDS website, you understand and consent to such transfer.
Occasionally, we may use your personal data (including your name and contact details) to send you marketing communications such as emails containing news, offers, promotions and joint marketing offers. However, if you wish to opt out from receiving marketing communications at any time (but we sincerely hope you don’t), simply drop us an email.